- Preparations Before The Corrupted Invasion
- Corrupted Enemies
- Victory Conditions And Rewards
- Siege Weapons
Corrupted Invasions in New World is a PvE endgame experience, a counterpart to the 50v50 PvP Wars.
They happen every 4 days in each Territory. Players can sign up for the event at the Settlement’s Town Board on the day before the Corrupted Invasion starts.
Ten players are chosen by the Governor of the defending Territory. The remaining 40 slots are randomly selected from players who signed up.
Note that only players at Level 50 or above can participate in Invasions*
The Invasion can be prevented by closing the Corrupted Breaches fast enough, but it requires the efforts of numerous nice teams that will close the Breaches for the whole 24 hours.
Preparations Before The Corrupted Invasion
Be sure you’re prepared for the Invasion. Consumables like health and mana potions, food, honing stones, and corrupted coatings are a must. Corrupted are weak against arcane, nature, and thrust damage. Corrupted Ward and Corrupted Bane perks on armor and weapons will also help.
The Corrupted Combat trophy will grant a 3% damage bonus on Tier 2, a 4% damage bonus on Tier 3, and a 5% damage bonus on Tier 4. You can find more information about crafting in our New World Trophies Guide.
You will get a notification before the Invasion begins. 15 minutes before the Invasions start, all participants will be teleported to the Fort and provided with 50 Battle Tokens.
Before the battle starts and till it ends, you can buy consumables, siege weapons, and potions from the Armory:
Remember, you need Ammunition Kit to be able to use the siege weapons:
Additional Battle Tokens can be gained by contributing to the battle, simply by killing enemies. It’s important to note that these Tokens will only last the duration of the Invasion so use them while you have them.
The defenders have to protect the Gates. They can be repaired by Siege Supplies which are auto-generated by Siege Supply Generators. These resources can be used to repair other structures, such as Armories, Siege Supply Generators, and Siege Weapons. There will be a vendor next to your Armory that will allow you to get siege parts.
You have to survive 8 waves of Corrupted. These waves will escalate and aggravate once you clean them.
All Corrupted can be put into several categories:
1. Grunts are focusing on destroying structures. It’s only if they can’t reach one of them that they begin to attack players. After a period of time, they start to frenzy, creating fast, intense, and increased damage while also burning themselves out. At this time, they can swarm and take down any target very fast.
2. Raiders. Main fighters of the enemy troops. They are skilled, tough, and well-equipped. Raiders focus on attacking players but will attack structures if there are no players in range.
3. Snipers hang back and prioritize targets on the ramparts, suppressing turrets.
4. The Boomers. They run to structures and then blow themselves out dealing high damage. Kill them from a distance because they explode on death.
The bosses at the end of every wave can vary. Some focus on destroying structures, while others focus on destroying players. They can also apply buffs to the invading forces and debuffs to the players:
1. Brutes are huge creatures that will smash structures. They will occasionally strike players but focus on destroying the gates. Can be shot by Siege Weapons.
2. The corrupted Bear is pretty fat but doesn’t hit hard. Can be shot by Siege Weapons.
3. The Void Destroyer (aka Skull or Frank) usually appears at the 6th – 8th waves. The best way to destroy the Void Destroyer is to shoot it in the right eye, then switch to the left one after it goes down. The Repeater Turret can be used against this boss.
4. Spriggan has the top priority since it has the highest damage to all bosses. It cannot be body-blocked now. Use Rend to reduce Spriggan’s damage and kill it asap.
5. Commander has high damage and a medium number of health points. It can empower the invading forces, so it shouldn’t stand near big groups of enemies or bosses.
Victory Conditions And Rewards
Players win an Invasion by protecting the Fort Claim for 30 minutes until the time limit is reached.
And receive the reward:
Once the Corrupted have passed the Gates, they will be able to attack the claim of the Territory – a Flag in the center of the courtyard. If the Flag falls, the defending players will lose and the Corrupted will deal severe damage to the settlement, downgrading the crafting stations and defenses. The higher the Territory’s level, the more items get downgraded.
But players will still receive some XP and loot:
How powerful the Siege Weapons are will be dictated by how they were upgraded through the Territory Progression system.
1. Ballista: medium rate of fire, high damage per shot, most effective against structures and large, slower-moving targets, like Brutes and Bosses.
2. Explosive Cannon: slow fire rate, its explosive shot disrupts and knocks enemies back. Mostly effective against groups of infantry and provides area denial.
3. Repeater Turret: high rate of fire, low damage per shot, and most effective against smaller, quicker targets.
4. Fire Dropper does high damage over time, making it most effective against groups of enemies attacking the gate.
5. Horn of Resilience provides a temporary healing and defensive buff to all allies in the area. Use it wisely since it has a long cooldown – for example, it can help with the Bosses.
6. Inferno Mine bursts and covers the area with fire when an enemy gets close enough. It’s effective at area denial when placed in choke points.
A PvE endgame experience, a counterpart to the 50v50 PvP Wars.
If you’re above level 50, sign up for the event at the Settlement’s Town Board.
Consumables like health and mana potions, food, honing stones, and corrupted coatings are a must. Corrupted are weak against arcane, nature, and thrust damage. Corrupted Ward and Corrupted Bane perks on armor and weapons will also help.
You need the Ammunition Kit, which you can buy at the Armory for Battle Tokens.
You have to survive 8 waves of Corrupted.